Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I hit her in the eye! I hit her in the eye!

Lil J had a very tough day yesterday. At lunchtime he whacked himself in the eye and started screaming bloody murder, so I took him to the pediatrician, who confirmed that the poor kid had scratched his cornea. Yowch! So he's on some antibiotic eye ointment, but I have to take him back to the doctor's tomorrow to see how he's healing. And he is NOT going to enjoy that either, I'm sure. Having a stranger 5 times your size putting dye on your abraded cornea cannot be considered fun for anyone. But, really, he's been a trouper. One thing I dig about babies is how it hasn't occurred to them yet to milk injuries for all they're worth. I think infants actually come off pretty tough most of the time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing! Make your mom come in and give you a break this weekend!!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is horrible! Poor little guy!

I've accidentally bumped Logans head, and he doesn't even flinch, it definitely bothers me more than him!

7:59 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Poor Jonathan!! You do need a break, my friend! :)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thankfully, J was home when it happened, so at least I wasn't by myself :) But he really is doing better now. I'll let you know how his doctor's appointment goes today.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home