Friday, January 04, 2008

Le croque monsieur

You know, whenever the hormones get a hold of me and I start to wonder if I'm doing a good job of mothering Lil J (since I so often have the feeling that I know as much about this as I do cellular mitosis), I'm just going to remind myself that I'm doing 200 times better than Britney Spears. Good grief. She is a mess. And she even has millions of dollars to spend on nannies, psychotherapy and vacation. Those poor kids. Sometimes I wonder if the Spears ladies (and I use that word with the utmost amount of sarcasm) would have been better off if they'd never become famous. Like, if they just went to high school in Louisiana, would they at least have waited to get pregnant until after they turned 20 or gotten a good job at Dillard's? Or would they be as equally screwed up as they are now? I guess it's entirely possible they would have just wound up as pregnant meth addicts instead of pregnant cocaine addicts. Six of one....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, because before Logan was born and I was so scared of not being a good mom, Mike would always remind me, "If Brittany Spears can have kids, you certainly can. On your worst day you'll do better than her." And it is true.

I think as long as you love Jonathon lots, you are doing a good job.

Is he going to be a Jon, a Johny or Jonathon?

10:45 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I heard about the Spears' drama last night and it just makes me so sad for those boys. When EH was a newborn, I remember just losing it at one point because I was so petrified I would do something wrong and she would be permanently ruined and end up on Dr. Phil...maybe it was hormones? Exhaustion? I think it is a very natural fear, though, and you are a fabulous mom, I am sure!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home