Saturday, January 19, 2008

A twisty bobcat kind of pretzel

Lil J and I had a very important milestone yesterday--it was the first time I took him to Target by myself and, happily, he did great! I didn't really think he'd be awful or anything, but I was a little worried that he'd start crying at some point and I wouldn't know what to do . But he was a total champ. He even made a point of looking cute for a nice grandmother who stopped us in the granola bar section. As much as I loved our little excursion, I'm not taking him out this weekend because it is stinking cold out there. I believe the wind chill is something like minus ten. Ridiculous. I'm no Eskimo. I'm sorry, Inuit.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took me a long time until I was comfortable taking Logan out with me. I still get anxious if he starts crying, like it says something about what kind of mother I am...

12:06 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

That was totally what I was afraid of, too! I know I've gotten annoyed with women who have crying babies in stores. Karma. Totally karma.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your title...that romantic comedy with Sandy Bullock and Hugh Grant, no?

I read somewhere that Eskimo is ok and that Inuit doesn't necessarily refer to all peoples in that region. Of course I read it on Wikipedia so do with that as you will.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home