Sunday, February 17, 2008

Homeboy, I came to party

We went to our childbirth class reunion on Friday night. That was fun. It was good to share notes with other parents, and I was happy to have a reason to put on makeup. Interestingly, it seemed like none of the new moms had completely let themselves go. That would be gutsy to walk in to a dinner party looking like I normally do these days with the sweatpants and ponytail. Alas, I care too much about people thinking I don't bathe. Bah. But it was funny how at one point the other moms were all saying how much they go out, and I declared "I hardly ever leave the house. I just stay in and yell at the guests on Dr. Phil." They laughed, but you could tell they were thinking "What a loser." Which could be true, but, hey, taking out a hungry baby in winter is hard work. Besides, I think Lil J would miss the ceiling fan.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you Ann... the effort to take Logan anywhere (especially when he was younger) just wasn't worth it. There will be plenty of time to take him out and about later... take advantage of all your alone time with him at home now!

But that's cute that your class had a renunion!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm glad somebody else is with me on this :) I can't believe I have to go back to work in three weeks :(

9:15 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Once EH hit about 12 months and was always on the go, walking, running, etc., i wished I had taken advantage of her sleeping all the time and run more errands! :) Just teasing, every single stage has its challenges with going out and about..at 4.5 it is grabby grabby and "mommy, can i have (insert anything Dora or princess-related here)?" Glad the reunion was fun!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

So do you avoid the toy aisle at Target at all costs or does EH know where it is anyway? :)

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home