Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Yeah, the basement

I just saw that Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer! That stinks. I think I saw Dirty Dancing about 38 times when I was a preteen, and I've always been very fond of his performances in Point Break and as the Chippendale dancer opposite Chris Farley on SNL. Heck, I even choked up a little at the end of Red Dawn. So I hope he recovers. Pancreatic cancer's nothing to sneeze at though. I remember my human anatomy teacher telling us about it, and his main point was "If your doctor tells you that you have pancreatic cancer, go sit on the beach and sip pina coladas because you'll be dead in a month." He was not an up-with-people kind of guy.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really bummed yesterday when I heard that about Swayze. Poor guy.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know, it makes me sad. When I become President, I'm going to pass a law that says no one gets sick or dies until their kids are 90.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

It made me sad, too. Dirty Dancing was one of my all time favorite movies when I was a teen, and I still watch it any time it's on.

My husband's father passed away from pancreatic cancer, and so did my sister's husband's brother. It's not a good diagnosis - the five year survival rate is horribly low.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What was that Flounder was suffering from?

12:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What I meant to say was: What was the "disease" Flounder thought she was suffering from?

I'm too sick to type :)

Oh! I need to fill you in about my last weekend. I'll send you an email.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Jocelyn, I'm so sorry to hear that about your family members. I always thought it was rare, but it's much more common than I realized. Somebody out there needs to find an earlier detection test for it or something!

And, Jamie, I'm sure she thought so! ;) Has anybody heard from her?

12:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I read her myspace page and I guess she got a job. I don't think anyone has.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home