Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Is Eddie Vedder even speaking English?

I haven't wanted to mention it because I'm not sure if we're even going to be able to keep it, but we traded in my tiny coupe for a minivan on Saturday. It's a used Dodge Grand Caravan that's in pretty good shape, but, unfortunately, the night we brought it home, J drove it and realized the dashboard lights don't work. So he's supposed to take it back to the dealer today. If they can't fix it, we may be getting the coupe back. I swear, cars can be such a pain in the neck. I was annoyed with my Cavalier because it required acrobatic skills to get Lil J's car seat in there, so we found this minivan and when I saw the automatic doors, I was like "Sold!" I was just getting used to driving this mother of a vehicle, and then we find that out about the dashboard lights. Annoying! And, I'm not going to name names, but I don't think we'll ever get another car from this particular dealership again. Not only was our salesman kind of a smarmy buttwad, but they had pizza sitting out in the open on Saturday and never offered us any. Which is why when Lil J puked on their carpet, I smirked on the inside. Faulty wiring and no pizza does not make for happy customers, people!

8 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Wow, a minivan!? I bet you love it after your Cavalier! I briefly had a Cavalier that was 2 doors and those doors were SO HEAVY!! I hope the dealer will fix the lights, that is probably just a fuse or a bulb, right? Go, Lil J for puking on their carpet!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I hope that they fix the dashboard lights for you and that you get it back instead of the coupe. I don't like the sound of that dealership. In fact they should fix the dashboard lights AND buy you guys a pizza.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, buy us a pizza! And I didn't even mention the pathetic interest rate they tried to give us on the financing. I have really good credit and they said the best they could do was 6.69%. Jerks. We weren't having any of that.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are resisting the mini van as long as possible- ha! I was just happy when I got my Camry last year so that I didn't have to do acrobatics to get Logan in/out of the Saturn!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It really is a big car for just the three of us, but those automatic doors.... Automatic doors! They are wonderful!

10:49 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I wish my wagon had automatic doors! I wish the buckle for her seat were on my side of the car...I currently have to go to other side of car to strap her in. Lazy, I know. Sue me. :)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's not being lazy. All these buckles, latches and snaps can get really tiring! And hauling around a 22-pound baby in a 300-pound car seat is just no fun at all. Ugh.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

WHoo! Nice wheels! A friend of ours drives one just like that and she LOVES it. I hope they can fix the dashboard lights for you.

The automatic door is cool, but I figured the only regular exercise I'm getting these days is hauling Harrison in and out of my Beetle, and I hate to give that up. ;-)

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home