Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dang it, Mom, I'm wearing my head gear!

I was listening to Little Red Corvette on my way to work this morning. I don't know why I bother listening to lyrics anymore, since none of them make any sense. I'm pretty sure that this particular song is an extended metaphor about things I don't want to think of Prince doing (ewww!), but I'm not sure exactly what. This is why I never did well in my English classes when we studied poetry--I always wanted to shake those Emily Dickinson/Sylvia Plath-types and yell "Stop babbling and get to the point!"

Lil J's been doing better with sleeping the last few nights. In fact, I would say he's been doing excellent except for the fact that the neighborhood morons, oops, I mean kids have been waking him up playing basketball at 11 p.m., 3:30 a.m., etc.... Last night, they woke him up at 10, and as I was sitting there trying to calm him down, I was actually envisioning setting those kids on fire. Only for a second, but I'm still kind of disturbed with myself. Normally I only fantasize about maiming celebrities, which doesn't count as a bad deed since they're not actual people and all.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I recently heard that Little Red Corvette was one big metaphor and then I REALLY listened to the lyrics and EWWW!

So, any luck on the house hunt?

9:51 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We're still working on getting our house ready to list. J thinks it'll be done in the next week or two. Thank goodness! Then we can get serious about this!

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just recently found out "She Bop" by Cyndi Lauper was about, um, well, self-pleasure.

I think a judge would understand your maiming those neighborhood kids.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

The neighbors' kids were also using our driveway as a basketball court/bike ramp/skateboard park yesterday afternoon. I have about a dozen scratches on my car that weren't there before these people moved in. Argh. It just astounds me that the parents don't try to rein them in. I would never let Lil J think it's ok to damage other people's property like that!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you guys know "Turning Japanese" was about that too?

What's wrong with those kids/parents? This is nothing in comparison, but a kid in my neighborhood was roaming back and forth between 2 houses, crossing my lawn and driveway on his bike and then decided to play Ding Dong Ditch at my house repeatedly. Little idiot didn't realize that when he was "hiding" I could see him in the reflection of my car. I think I scared the crap out of him when I came outside and asked him if he needed something- ha!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ha! Get him! I know, kids can be kind of annoying in general, and I'd be all right with an occasional thing like that. But these kids have been running around unsupervised for almost a year now. I'm amazed they haven't been hit by a car. They play in the street all the time...and probably run with scissors, too.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I'd have to check the statutes to be sure, but I'm pretty sure it's legal to kill by immolation anyone who wakes up your child. ;-) I actually threatened the life of my next door neighbor (who I normally love and my kid calls "Uncle D") when he rang the doorbell during H's crucial falling asleep period. I can't imagine what I'd do to a bunch of little brats who were already pissing me off.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

And that's a legal professional talking! Whoo! :)

These crumbgrinders really don't want to mess with me. I've slept better lately, but that just means I'm getting 5 hours of sleep a night. By no means am I sane.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home