Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nothing cuter than a baby wearing pants

It was another fun night in the 'hood yesterday. The punk 12-year-old across the street claimed that J's nephew (who's about 21) punched him in the eye. So J braved all the commotion in the street to go ask his nephew what actually happened, and it turns out he threw a football (not meaning to hit anybody) and accidentally whacked this kid when the ball bounced after hitting the ground. But was that a good enough explanation for the nearby white trash? Oh, no. They were running into the street threatening to hit J's nephew, elderly ladies and anybody else they could get their hands on. It was chaos. I just stood in the doorway watching it all go down thinking to myself "These people are nuts." Yes, I judge them. I was also treated yesterday afternoon to the sound of my allegedly bipolar next door neighbor yelling that she tried to give blood in the morning but they rejected her. This does not surprise me. I'm pretty sure Red Cross doesn't need blood tainted with horse tranquilizers or whatever she's putting into her body to make her act so crazy all the time. We need to move.

Oh, and Lil J is doing all right on the steroids. He started them on Saturday night and was obviously not feeling well as a result on Sunday, but he seems to be evening out now. He's waking up more and seems pretty hyper, but his breathing is sounding better, so that's a relief.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really do need to move. I'll miss the stories but I'd rather have you surrounded by a more normal crowd.

Well I hope this is the last time Lil J has to do the steroid thing.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

And did I mention that the 12-year-old is always at home even though school started here a couple weeks ago? Can you imagine stopping your education at 12? For crying out loud.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home