Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ms. Chanandler Bong

I can't believe it's already December 10th. The days in December are in double digits, and I haven't started Christmas shopping or figuring out what to get Lil J for his birthday, which is in 5 days. Ugh. I have got to pull it together here soon. Check this out--this past Sunday, I was supposed to come into the library and work a couple hours while high school students were touring the campus, and I completely forgot about it. Absolutely slipped my mind until 9:00 on Sunday night, when I realized what I'd done and got that feeling like my stomach just plummeted into my slippers. I can't believe I did that. But it's true--my brain just isn't what it used to be. I'm going to have to start using a PDA or leave myself notes on my cell phone or something. Otherwise, I might forget somebody's birthday, our anniversary, or, worse still, the premiere of Lost in January. Gasp! But in cute baby news, Lil J has started walking. He takes a good 7 or 8 steps between people now. It's adorable. He raises up both his arms and squeals the whole time he's walking. I wish I still got that thrilled with walking. These days, I'm just happy when I stand up and both my knees don't crack. I so old.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mommy brain does suck, doesn't it?

That's so exciting that lil J is walking! I know for us it was so much easier once Logan started walking.

Maybe lil J would like a walking/riding toy now that he is walking around... he could push it all over the new house!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We have one of those, and he's already learned to steer it himself so I don't have to help him when he runs into things anymore. J is proud of his son's driving skills.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Santa is bringing Logan a bounce and spin zebra (kinda a modern rocking horse). Vtech makes some neat "video games" for little guys, I bet J would like that :)

2:08 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Is that zebra the toy I've seen on tv that kids ride and they can make it move by bouncing up and down? How awesome is that??

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep - he actually saw it at a house that we looked at and he LOVED it. So we had to get it for him!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

You need to email me soon and let me know what's going on with the house!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just got one for Eva Cate- my nephew had received 2 of them. It is the best ever!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home