Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cut me some slack, jack

Poor Lil J is still having some intestinal distress. I just wish I knew if it was from the new medicine or a stomach bug. I'm sort of leaning towards "stomach bug" because of the pained expressions I keep seeing J make as he lies down on the couch, clutching his stomach. Methinks something viral is afoot at the Circle K. Anyway, all I know is that I hope our innards are better by next week because I hate being sick on Thanksgiving and not being able to eat my own weight in complex carbohydrates. We're going to J's brother's house this year and not planning on cooking anything ourselves, thank goodness. Frankly, I'm too tired and stressed to even look at a casserole dish right now.

Oh, and did I mention how cold it's gotten here? Yesterday I think the high was about 27. 27. Good grief. I'm seriously considering buying one of those mom coats that's all puffy and knee-length. All part of my larger plan to really let myself go. But at least I'd be warm.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I get older, I am definitely getting a new appreciation for things like lounge wear and mom coats- haha!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Seriously. Warm socks, fuzzy hats, dishes that don't chip...these are a few of my favorite things.

9:33 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Elastic in a waistband! :) When I get home from work, I immediately change into sweat pants! Ann, when the high is 27 degrees, you need to wear whatever you need to to stay warm!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I wish I could wear feetie pajamas like Lil J. Those look righteous.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Hannah Barnaby said...

I love that picture of him! He looks just like a puppy waiting to be let out into the backyard. Oh, wait. Have you stopped putting diapers on him and resorted to using "nature's potty"?

4:49 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

As much as I'd love to save America's landfills from all the disposable diapers we use on Lil J, I am going to stick with them for now. We have enough people pooping in our street as it is.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home