Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Darn shame when people throw away a perfectly good white boy

I'm totally psyched by how the election went last night. When the news this morning was replaying Obama's acceptance speech and then showed parts of Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech right after it, I actually got misty-eyed. And that, my friends, is why I voted for the man. I want to be excited and hopeful about politics; not jaded and cynical. It restores my faith in possibility and what I believe America is about. Can you hear that? That's a chorus of angels singing "What a Wonderful World" behind me.

So the house-hunting is going pretty much SUCKILY right now. Yeah, it deserves a new adverb it's so bad. We found the perfect house on Sunday, then when we made an offer, the jerky agent told our agent that it had been in contract for days. Thanks a lot, jerks. Then we found another good house last night only to be told this morning that it is in contract, too. What the heck? So we will continue to look. It's so frustrating.
And Lil J did not enjoy his bumblebee costume at all on Friday. He howled the whole time he had it on (mostly because he apparently hadn't napped all day and was therefore a tad cranky), so we just let him play on the porch while we handed out candy. The next morning we went to the Amish restaurant for breakfast, and he at least wore his ghost bib:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freaking finally! I couldn't post at all yesterday and that wasn't fun for me.

Anyway...your title is my most favorite line from any movie!

Even though Lil J was not happy in his costume, did you get any pics of him?

7:56 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We got two pictures of him sitting on the floor in his costume, and he's red-faced and screaming in both.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home