Thursday, October 23, 2008

I saw that. Brick killed a guy!

I'm in the midst of searching for what is turning out to be the most obscure Matisse line drawing EVER. I was just flipping through a book that claimed to contain all of Matisse's drawings, and it wasn't in there. What is going on?? These are the trials I suffer as an image librarian. I know, it's fascinating stuff. I think there's a pretty good reason the most successful dramas on tv are about lawyers and doctors. There's only so much emotion you can elicit from watching someone catalog periodicals. Like squeezing blood from a book about turnips.

Hey, did I mention it's finally gotten cold here? As much as I'm loving being able to wear long-sleeved shirts that hide my beefy upper arms, I'm kind of at a loss when it comes to finding ways to entertain Lil J when we can't go outside. He's bored with our current arsenal of toys, so I'll go out and buy some more, I guess. How did pioneer people entertain babies in the wintertime? "Here, Billy, let's flay this ox carcass after dinner. Then we'll go sleepy-night-night. Whee!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try to rotate his toys so there is always something "new" to play with.

I love lamp!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oooh, good point. There are a bunch of toys in his pack'n'play he hasn't seen for a couple weeks. I'll try that. I bet he'll be happy to see GIANT FROG again.

I'm proud of you guys. You kept your head on a swivel, and that's what you have to do when you find yourself in the middle of a vicious cockfight!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

http://library.thinkquest.org/6400/toys.htm


You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home