Thursday, October 09, 2008

This wine is Episcopalian in its predictability

People, Lil J fell asleep last night at 6:30. Sure, he was up and wide awake from 5 to 5:45 this morning, but overall I think he slept almost 12 hours last night. I was so jealous. You know the last time I slept that long? Trick question! I've never slept that long! Ever. I'm guessing even in utero I was awake and staring at the walls of my Mom's uterus for hours at a time. Speaking of distractions, while I was trying to get Lil J to go back to sleep at 6 this morning so I could get in the shower, I was so bored that I was braiding my bangs and trying to remember every job I've ever had. Honestly, I need to invent something that would pass time for nursing mothers who have to be up at all hours of the night but can't move too much or make noise for fear of waking the baby. I mean, I'm pretty good at entertaining myself with mind games, but I can only do so much. My trick of counting the number of letters in a sentence to see if it's divisible by four really only works when somebody else is talking. And I've gotten so good at mentally typing sentences on a keyboard that it's not a challenge anymore. I wonder if I could do sudoku puzzles in my head.... I'm sounding crazy again, aren't I? It's finally happened. The lack of sleep has made me snap. Whoo! Now I can eat pudding all day!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, wow.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that he slept so well for you.

I was a bad mom and watched TV everytime I nursed Logan. I almost bought every as seen on tv item you can think of.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

That doesn't make you a bad mom! I used to turn on the tv in the nursery until he started trying to turn around to watch it, too.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Because I am aware of the benefits of breast feeding, and if I could ever have a child, that would be my personal choice, I say YAY! Lil' J is going to be 48% smarter than his non-breat feed counterpart. However, because I am an outsider, I am going to ask, how weird is it to have someone sucking on your nipple for 20 minutes? Like, honestly, tell me the truth-- was it weird at first, is it still weird? I think it'd be weird. Beautiful, beneficial... but weird.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

that was supposed to be "non-breast fed counterpart" but apparently I became a little apalachian for a minute.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Appalachian... Gosh!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home