Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Hardly any rats

I got an invitation yesterday for a baby shower in a couple weeks. It's for J's cousin's daughter, who's having a little girl in February. So, yeah, this is a pretty early baby shower, but having one in January is pretty risky around here with the sleet and snow, so whatever. But I'm actually not sure if I'm going to make it because the invitation expressly said "no children under the age of 10 are invited." And I know I could go and let J watch Lil J for the afternoon, but with the baby starting this new medication soon, I'm just not sure how he's going to be doing. J and I also bowed out of a wedding this past weekend that was an hour away because when we got the invitation in August, we just didn't know what was going to be going on and we didn't want to say we were going to be there when we really weren't sure. It's interesting this not knowing the immediate future. Sometimes I wish I was clairvoyant, but then I saw that movie The Gift on FX, and I realized it's just not worth it if it means Keanu Reeves is going to punch me in the face. Not worth it at all. And can I just say that I wish I knew Cate Blanchett? She seems cool. She seems like the kind of chick that could make a mean salsa and make fun of Nicole Kidman all at the same time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always thought that about Cate too. Not necessarily the part about making good salsa though. But you know she'd have some fantastic things to say about Nicole.

Well I hope you're able to find a way to at least stop by the shower for a game or two (and some cake!).

11:06 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I feel sad missing punch, too. I love punch.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home