Friday, September 19, 2008

My brother and I would like to announce: "It's on like Donkey Kong"

We finally got our house for sale. Yay! The realtor came by on Wednesday while the power was still out and took pictures to put up on the website soon. I have no idea how they're going to come out considering the light wasn't exactly ideal, but that might be a good thing, as our carpet has seen just a tad of regurgitated sweet potatoes as of late. Ewww, I know. I realize that this is a really tough market to sell a house in, but I'm holding out hope that we'll get lucky and get out of there soon. We've already found a neighborhood where we'd like to move, and there are a couple empty houses in there just waiting to call themselves our next home. I imagine what it will be like to live in a place where people actually go to work, clean their homes and wear pants with zippers...it's like a dream...a dream where I'm not kept up until 10:30 at night listening to our unemployed neighbors playing basketball in the street and yelling "f#%* you!" every time they make a basket. Morons.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really, really, really hope that your house sells fast and that you're able to get into a nicer neighborhood as soon as possible. I think your life will feel totally different.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm not even joking about having daydreams of living in a nicer place. And I'm not talking about Miami Beach or something fancy like that. I just want to live on a street that doesn't see food stamps.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a theory... just as you are looking for a house, there is always someone who is looking for your house too! Or at least that's what I'm banking on if we decide to sell soon! Its nice that you have a few new houses to pick from! And I completely understand the daydreaming, but mine is usually just about not tripping over Mike in the kitchen or fighting over closet space in the bedroom...

And my other theory is that hopefully you break even by getting the new house for a steal even if you have to take a cut on your current house.

Good luck!!!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Those sound like good theories to me! I really hope this works out. And that we will soon have a garage. A garage would be cool.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That calls for a WHOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home