Thursday, September 18, 2008

Heffalump

Power's been out in Columbus since Sunday. It's like living in Louisiana without the perks of beignets and Mardi Gras. Work was closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but it seems like everything is on today. So I can finally check email. Score! Unfortunately, we still don't have power at the house. And the ironic part about that is how the storm hit Sunday night, but our power didn't go out until Monday. Apparently, the power company shut us down so they could repair more lines. Jerks. And it sounds like we won't get our power until tomorrow. Let me tell you something, taking care of a 9-month-old with no electricity is not fun. He's been adapting pretty well (heck, all his toys are battery operated anyway), but it's been hard for him to fall asleep at night with all the commotion outside. You never appreciate being able to close your windows on rowdy neighborhood kids until you can't anymore. Sigh. We've lost a lot of food from the fridge, can't do laundry and have to shower in the dark, but I suppose I ought to be glad that we still have water, a gas stove and our landline phone. Plus, the weather's been pretty cool so going without the a/c hasn't been too bad. I just want the power back though. I miss seeing Meredith Viera every morning. Sniff.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your power company sucks. I read in an article that one lady said she was going to deduct the cost of the groceries she lost from what she was going to pay in her next bill. Somehow I don't think the power company will see her side of it.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

They are such jerks. Everybody I know who has power keep telling me that there are 6000 crews working 18-hour days blah blah blah. But I have only seen one AEP truck in our neighborhood, and he just drove right through.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have the energy to raise a stink about it, I'm sure you can get $$ off your next bill or something, but they bank on people not having the energy to raise a stink about it.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oh, we'll raise a stink about it. I can be very irritable when I have nothing to wear.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home