Wednesday, October 01, 2008

We've been going together 3 months IN A ROW

My birthday on Sunday was fun. We headed west to my older sister's house and saw her family, my younger sister's family and my Mom. I'll tell you something, there were 7 adults, one 9-month-old, 2 2-year-olds and 2 4-year-olds in that house, and it was a state of controlled chaos in there. My four nephews were all hopped up on Doritos and the joy of having someone their age to play with, so they were going on all cylinders the entire afternoon. But they're all so cute. Hanging out with them gives me a good idea of what we've got ahead of us. Lil J is now taking lots of steps as long as he's got something to hold on to. He'll walk from room to room if you help him, and he very much enjoys cruising along on furniture and porch railings. He also likes to hang on to the back of my pants as I try to get things done in the kitchen. Reminds me of those fish that swim underneath sharks in the ocean. Wait, that makes me the shark in this metaphor...which, now that I think about it, is probably pretty accurate considering the way I've been stalking birthday cake lately. I look for the small and weak-looking pieces since they're easier to take down. Mmm.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that Lil J is getting ready to walk! I know everyone will say "be careful what you wish for" but I LOVE that Logan can walk- he is a riot!

And you deserve all the cake you can get your hands on!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm eating lots of cookies, too.

Yeah, this quasi-walking thing is a lot of fun to watch. And I'm so thankful that he's figuring out how to fall on his butt instead of his head now.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home