Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm slightly deaf in this ear. Speak louder next time.

Thank you very much to everybody who posted all those kind thoughts about Lil J's surgery. Poor J keeps going back and forth about what to do, whereas I'm pretty steadfastly holding on to my hope that we won't have to do the surgery and the hemangioma will miraculously disappear. And even I hear that voice in my head that responds "Ann, you are living in denial and not dealing with reality." Well, voice, you can suck it. Even I understand that once he gets off these steroids, we might not have any other choice. But I just can't view throat surgery as a first choice for him. I just can't. Hope is a funny thing, isn't it? Sometimes hope can make accepting a situation much harder, but I find it to be a very comforting way to get through a tough time. Am I sounding insane? I wonder if I'm sounding insane.

Anyway, the big news on the street is that we're pretty much at war with our bottom-dwelling neighbors. Police are being called, names are being yelled and threats to one's permanent teeth are being made on a daily basis. I know I sound haughty here, but I find it amusing that these people think they can tangle with us. They don't know what they're getting into. A) I don't do illegal things or neglect my child, so they have no weapons to use like we do and b) I read books. I cannot stress enough what kind of advantage that is in a situation like this. Trust me on that.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be so HAPPY when you are out of that neighborhood!!!!

Are you guys being harrassed?

10:42 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Curiously, they seem to be targeting my mother- and father-in-law for the harassment, for some weird reason. J's yelled at them so many times that I think they might be afraid of him.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really sad that your neighborhood isn't a tv series. How did it all start?

I think it's fine to want to put off the surgery. And if we don't have hope we don't have anything.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

In the last couple weeks, they started playing basketball in the street starting at 9:30 at night. As it wakes up Lil J, we would ask them to stop and they refused. So we called the police a couple times to make them stop, and that's when they started yelling at us and my inlaws. It is on.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, its on!

You should make them a deal... help you sell your house and then they can play basketball all they want!

12:32 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Some people are so rude! It is definitely on, Ann, tell them to bring it! These younguns have no idea of the wrath of a mom whose baby has been awakened! (was that correct grammar?)

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home