Thursday, September 25, 2008

Exqueeze me? I ordered the large coffee? Look at the size of this thing!

Am I right in thinking that The Office premieres tonight? Yay! I haven't been watching much tv lately, as Lil J's steroids have really kicked it up a notch and he's now on a sleep strike. But, I'm telling you, if NBC ever decides to start airing their shows from 2 to 3:30 a.m., they'd get some huge ratings out of our house. That's all I'm saying.

We seem to have reached an uneasy detente on the street. There wasn't any yelling or vindictive basketball playing last night. Of course, it helped that the neighbors weren't home. I believe they went to a football game. The 6-year-old next door has been sporting a football uniform lately, so I think that's what's going on. I sometimes envision what these football games are like, and I'm pretty sure the field is littered with shivs, bleeding umpires and cigarette butts by the end of it. These kids are going to be really well-prepared by the time they get to prison. When they're 17. Darn shame about that.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard from an orthopedic surgeon that football at that age is bad for bone development. So know that he'll have weak bones when he gets sent to prison too!

And yes, The Office is new tonight!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's not good. He'll need all bone strength he can get to kill a man with a toothbrush.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm unnaturally excited about The Office tonight. If you guys record it you could watch it at 2am instead of its regular time. It'd be nice if you didn't have to resort to that though.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There have been many times when I watched the majority of Lost the next morning when I was feeding Logan- ha!

10:34 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

is it from "So I married an axe murderer?"

12:22 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Good eye, Beth! Good eye. That is still one of my favorite movies. "He's going to cry himself to sleep tonight...on his huge pillow."

12:40 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

I love that movie, too, and the "i ordered the large coffee" part at the very beginning has always made me laugh!

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is one of the most quotable movies. I always turn it off before the honeymoon though 'cause that's where it gets really dumb. "I'm not kidding. It's like an orange on a toothpick."

1:24 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

But if you turn it off at the honeymoon, you miss Steven Wright as the pilot! And the guy who won't let Tony commandeer his vehicle! (Is that how you spell "commandeer?" I have no idea).

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harriet, sweet Harriet, hard hearted harbinger of haggis!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home