Friday, October 03, 2008

You know I don't like being stuck in a crowd

I've had that song Patience by Guns 'n Roses in my head since I woke up this morning. For crying out loud. Even though that band imploded in the most fantastic of ways, I will always have a soft spot for them since most of my high school years were spent listening to them. And I have a secret fondness for Axl Rose, in particular, ever since I dressed up as him for Halloween that one year (we had the same haircut back then). Of course, I need to point out that I don't think he and I look that much alike anymore. I mean, at some point, every mature man needs to cut the fake dreadlocks out of his hair, trade in the football jerseys and jean shorts for real clothes and get a job. Hee, I just had a vision of what J would look like with fake Axl dreadlocks. That would be a riot. He thinks his hair is too long when it gets past an inch and a half. He claims that his let his hair grow out to his shoulders in high school, but I wasn't around then and there are no pictures, so I'm suspect of the entire thing. I'd love to see him with long hair though. Well, maybe one day when we retire and become hippies, my dream will come true. I can't wait to become a hippie. Wait, what was I talking about?

2 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

sometimes, I think you are channeling William Faulkner. :)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

If one could win a Pultizer for prose that makes the least sense, I would totally win.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home