Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I am your singing telegram *BANG*

Grandma S. got this shot of Lil J making his new favorite "Ooooh!" face. At first, we thought he did this whenever he saw something really interesting, but then we noticed that he was doing it at the ceiling fan, random socks and the carpet, so it might not be what we thought. When I was watching him yesterday, he actually stood by himself for a couple seconds two or three times. Then he seemed to realize that nothing was holding him up and he got freaked out and plopped down on his hiney. I often feel like that when I'm teaching.

All three of us went and looked at houses this past weekend. That was fun. I have decided that if it's at all possible, I want a master bathroom. That may sound self-indulgent, but, man, would that be sweet. One of the homes we saw on Saturday actually had three full bathrooms in it. That's kind of excessive, but think about it--that's one whole bathroom just for me. It's entirely possible I could hide in there and it would take J and Lil J a good five minutes before they found me. Nice.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Logan did the same thing when he was learning to stand- he would realize that he was standing and immediately sit down! But get ready... walking isn't too far off!

Ah, the master bath... we have a master bath, but it is so tiny. So I get pretty excited about double sinks and linen closests- ha!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We saw one house that had a master bath with a shower AND a jacuzzi tub. But that sucker was $220,000. We ain't got that kind of dough, so I'm just hoping to get my own toilet right now.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, the difference in housing markets cracks me up- we would JUMP on a house that was $220,000!!! ha!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I still remember the time Ashley came to visit us and saw a sign for a new housing development going up that boasted homes starting at $175,000, and her reaction was like "I can't believe you can get a whole house for $175,000 here!" That's living near DC, I guess, but I'm still like "$175,000 for one house? Jerks!"

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome expression!

And I would give almost anything to have a bigger space in general! And the housing market is the same here- it's amazing that my house costs more than my parents Victorian house.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

My boss was telling me about her niece who lives in NYC and pays something like a thousand dollars a month to live in an apartment the size of a closet. That is just weird.

9:58 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I definitely agree on having your own bathroom being a very good thing!!

the housing markets are interesting! the Charleston area is crazy which is disheartening for my future. But, with EH starting kindergarten next year, I won't be paying for full time daycare anymore!!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

J and I have so many discussions about community and children. I hate being elitist and fleeing the city to live in suburbia, but I cannot live with myself if I don't try to get Lil J a good education. I hate this idea that high property taxes keep people out of certain areas, but when I'm being honest with myself, I like that high property taxes keep people out of certain areas. Sigh. I'm a jerk.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

High property taxes are keeping me out of certain areas- ha! Seriously, I can't believe how much property taxes factor in to the actual "cost" of the house- its ridiculous!

Being in a good school district is good for your kid and your property value!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home