Friday, October 10, 2008

I am Statler

I haven't had a chance to watch last night's Office yet, so don't tell me what happened! I have it recorded at home, so my main goal for today is to just survive until 4:30 so I can get out of here and fling myself at the tv. Well, I have another goal for today since Grace brought in brownies, and that is: eat brownies. Yum.

So here's how meh my social life is right now--I'm actually excited about going to Sam's Club this weekend and getting a membership. I'm an animal! Rowr! One of the downsides of being a conscientious nursing mother is that I've been avoiding alcohol and over the counter medications for so long now that I have truly become a stick in the mud. A wet noodle, if you will. My idea of fun these days is brushing my hair. I fear that if I keep this up too much longer, I'm going to lose my edge. I need to trade in my sensible shoes with their orthotic inserts for a pair of high-heeled boots one night. Of course, then I'd spend the next week complaining about my plantar fasciitis. Eh. Forget it. I'm going to go put my hair up in a bun and internet shop for chenille housecoats so I can peruse the bulk raisins in true comfort.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting a Sam's club membership next weekend and I'm totally excited about that. You're not as meh as you think. Or I'm much more meh than I realized.

P.S. You'd look good in chenille but stay away from housecoats.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

You're not meh. Perhaps we're all a little meh sometimes, but you're definitely not all meh.

No housecoat, slippers and hair rollers ensemble then?

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike's parents offered to take Logan tomorrow night and I find myself not knowing what to do if I'm not running after a 15 month old! We could actually eat at a restaurant that doesn't have a kids menu or highchairs. That is how exciting my life is!

And I still hesitate to take any medication - I got so out of the habit, I forget sometimes that I actually CAN have something other than Tylenol!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oooh, you and Mike should go someplace nice tomorrow. Do you have a Melting Pot? That place would suck with a child with all those open flames and such, but it would be nice for the two of you!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT is an awesome idea!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Fon-do it!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fon-do it! Hahahaha. Awesome.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Idea: you, chenile housecoat... me, paisley housecoat... and tequila slammers. Ridiculous!





How is that plantar fascitiis doing?

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home