Friday, October 17, 2008

This place has more failed artists and intellectuals than the Third Reich

Good news from the ENT this morning. We're going to see how Lil J does now that he's practically done with the steroids, but if the hemangioma does rebound, the ENT is going to put him on Propranolol instead of doing the surgery. Phew! The doctor even said he's contacted other ENT's around the country who've tried Propranolol for subglottic hemangiomas, and they've had good results with it. So we're cautiously optimistic that Lil J can avoid the surgery altogether. That would just be so wonderful. If he has to go on the Propranolol, he'll be in the hospital overnight on an EKG for observation, but we can handle that. We've got another appointment in two weeks to see how his breathing is, but right now, we're feeling pretty good about our options.

And I still haven't seen any of last night's Office. Lil J had taken a late nap, so he didn't seem too hep on going to bed so I could watch my programs. Hmph. But it's ok--I recorded it. As the kids say these days, I got mad DVR skills.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for Lil J! I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

Office was pretty funny, Jan is INSANE.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I can't wait to see it!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Good to hear about Lil' J. Them putting him on the EKG-- what a great idea! I read that and thought, "Well, DUH!" Why didn't I think of that? .... well.... I'm not a doctor, but STILL, that's great and MUCH better than surgery!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are going to crack up when you see Jan! Oh! And Dwight too! Ha! Ha!

I'm so glad you were able to find another option!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear about the ENT!!! Yea!

I haven't watched the Office yet either- only saw a clip of it, which disturbed me a bit.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home