Friday, October 24, 2008

Brick, where did you get that hand grenade?

I hope nobody does anything silly today and tries to, like, talk to me or something. Because I am really not in the mood. I need a neon sign on my forehead that blinks "Lil J was up at 10:30, 12:30, 2:30 and 3:30 last night. Leave me alone." I really have no idea what was bothering him either. It wasn't too hot or cold in his room, he wasn't sick...I'm at a loss. Growing pains, perhaps? I just hope he sleeps better tonight.

But here's the good news: we got an offer on our house! A family looked at it yesterday afternoon and faxed an offer last night! Wow! We are shocked by how quick that was. And I know that these things can fall through, so I'm not getting my hopes up entirely, but it's just very encouraging. We should know sometime today if it'll work out. I shall keep you posted. Very exciting!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Good for you!!! Was it a fair offer?

8:27 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Dude, I would have been happy if they'd offered $50, so it sounded good to me. Heh. No, it was fair. The realtor wants to check on some figures, but the offer was about what I expected.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Do you guys have a house in mind that you would want to make an offer on right now?

8:51 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We like a couple houses in this one neighborhood, but I don't think we're ready to make any offers yet. Gah! Hopefully this weekend we can really buckle down and get some stuff accomplished.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so exciting!!! I hope it works out. Even better, I hope someone else comes along and then they getting into a bidding war.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Maybe they'll end up giving us ONE BILLION DOLLARS for it.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats girl! Have fun looking this weekend then!

9:46 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

That is AWESOME! Congrats and keep us posted!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for fun...

Don't forget the Spanish News!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Of course, of course.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Congrats! That was so fast!

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed extra tight for you, but I will miss the stories of the neighbors when you've moved!

Good Luck!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys that you got an offer already! That was fast, especially in this market. I'm not-so-secretly jealous, too. I wish we were considering an offer on our house!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home