Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Man's inhumanity to Ann

I don't know what it is, but there's something ridiculously adorable about a kid in feetie pajamas.

So we put in a couple lowball offers on really nice houses this past weekend and both owners came back with similar responses: "Dream on." So we're on to Plan B. We're going to look at a few more houses this week and this weekend. It's interesting to me this phenomenon of people buying houses with cash and therefore having no mortgages and not needing to sell at a low price. In my neighborhood, that just doesn't happen. It's not even noteworthy anymore when one of our neighbors gets their gas or water turned off. You just see them going from house to house carrying buckets and extension cords. But, again, this is why we're busting our humps trying to find a nice neighborhood to live in. I don't want Lil J to grow up thinking that sort of thing is normal.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Look at that cute baby butt! So cute!

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE footie PJs!!! We plan to keep Logan in them as long as possible :) But also I love the crazy printed PJs like Lil J has on in this pic.

We haven't made any offers yet, but we are noticing that houses that have been on the market forever are not lowering their prices at all! I guess they haven't found a house to move into yet or they are really holding out for top dollar! Did you guys accept the offer that you got?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, we accepted the offer they made on our house. They're doing the inspection today, so keep your fingers crossed for us.

I know, I was really surprised that these people aren't coming down on the price. It's not 2003 anymore, folks! Time to wake up and smell the impending foreclosure!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for you!!! Just for kicks, I did a quick search on houses for sale in Columbus. I realize that is a large area, but still, it looks like there are a lot of houses for sale... You can't get top dollar if the market is flooded!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know, I don't understand why people won't just give us their homes for $50. Jerks. But I didn't have my heart set on any of those houses, so I'm fine with it. We'll find a good one eventually.

10:19 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I love footie pajamas on EH, too! Hers are ingenius because there is a flap on the feet that she can either have bare feet or covered up feet.

We lost a good bit of $$ when we sold our house but decided to accept the really low offer b/c we didn't want to get stuck with the house. Keep us posted on the inspection!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I kinda wish Lil J's feetie pajamas had a flap in the back because changing a diaper when he's wearing them is a feat. It's like a UFC match in the nursery.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the footies!!! Eva Cate has several pairs and I love that it emphasises her Buddabelly! Too Cute!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home