Thursday, October 30, 2008

My grandmother hung me on a hook once. Once.

Good news from the ENT--we're going to wait another two weeks to try anything for the hemangioma because right now Lil J's breathing is sounding pretty good. So that's a relief! We'll hope he's still doing ok in another two weeks. Now if we could just get him to stop eating Wubby's cat food....

We didn't have any extraordinary bouts of luck looking at houses last night. One of the owners actually locked the screen door so we couldn't even get in. Doofus. So we were peeking in their windows, and we noticed their kitchen is the size of a broom closet. I'm no Martha Stewart, but even I like a couple feet of counter space. Pfft.

On the way home from work last night, J also informed me that he's found an $1100 gun that he wants to buy. He's mostly kidding, of course, but I was shocked at the price of that thing. So I told him "I am shocked by the price of that thing," to which he replied "But it can shoot underwater!" And I said "You know what else can kill a person? A baseball bat. And they're, like, 20 bucks." His quick retort was "But you can't swing a baseball bat underwater," and then I pointed out "You know what else can kill a person underwater? A steak knife. You can pick one up at Target for $7.99. $7.99." But I just don't think he was buying it.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're kidding about him eating Wubby's cat food, right? Right?

I'm sorry it didn't go well last night. That just means that your house is still out there.

I'm sorry I wasn't there for the ways to kill a person underwater conversation. I think I would have been laughing right out loud.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Unfortunately, I am NOT kidding about eating cat food. I have no idea why he keeps trying to. He's gotten a piece of the dry food twice and both times he started choking on it, too. Good grief.

1:12 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

My sister used to eat our cat's food! My parent's had to put the food bowl up on the washing machine to get it out of her reach. She liked the Meow Mix.

I wish i could have been there for the gun conversation, too! What is the benefit of a gun being able to shoot underwater?

1:23 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Well, J's reasoning was that if you're ever being chased by someone and you end up in a river trying to outrun them, you need an underwater-shooting-gun to finish things up. A compelling argument, I know.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you explain to him that the goal was to move to a neighborhood where that situation would be much less likely?

2:51 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I fear that having grown up in this neighborhood, J will always be mentally picturing the people around him chasing him with weapons. It is a tragic result of an urban upbringing. Hee.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I emailed you some tasty delicious houses over the interweb to your school email. Talk to you soon!

6:14 PM  
Blogger J said...

Here's a pic of the gun. The gun, not the girl!
http://www.hkpro.com/uspmatch.htm

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home