Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I saw a bright light...I thought we were on

Well, that was a nice break. We had a delightful Christmas Eve and Christmas, although I have to admit we didn't do anything for New Year's Eve at all. J came into our bedroom at 11:45 on New Year's Eve to wake me up and see if I wanted to watch the ball drop, and I just smiled at him and went right back to sleep. Yeah, it's 2010. Good for it.

I'm also happy because I finally stopped going to my old optometrist (who seemed to think he could cure my burning retinas by lecturing me about Obama's health care plan), went to a new one, got new contacts, and now my eyes feel totally fine. See, here's the thing: I have a job, so I'd much rather pay $170 for new contacts than listen to a conservative talk to me for 45 minutes about how generous insurance companies are. Really? Even if they are, I don't care. My eyes are on fire!

And in 13 days, I stop working in the library and start teaching 3 art history classes here. This affords me more time with the kids and more opportunities to spread my thoughts to today's youth. First up, no more emo music.

4 Comments:

Anonymous katie said...

Wow - that's awesome about the teaching! Good for you! I hope the kids enjoyed Christmas!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks! I'm psyched, too. Yep, they had a good Christmas, although I'm sure Tiny H had no idea what was going on. How did Logan make out?

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Ashley said...

What? You've been holding out on me girl! Teaching full time! That's wonderful! Congrats!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Well, it's only part-time technically. I don't get any of the fun stuff like committee work, weekly meetings or benefits. Ok, the benefits would be nice.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home