Friday, December 11, 2009

Great Caesar's ghost!

Yesterday while we were at work, Lil J did about a dozen watercolors with Grandma S., and, far be it from me to make exaggerated statements about my child, but he's the next Kandinsky! Check it out:



I'm guessing I wouldn't see it at all if he wasn't my kid, but I see a good understanding of color concepts here, an interesting use of expressive technique, and a Titian-esque use of unexpected diagonals. And I'm not even joking when I say this is far better than anything I could come up with. All I can draw are tornadoes.

Tomorrow is Lil J's 2nd birthday party, so I'll post some pictures of that next week. The fams are coming over, and we'll be having a Cars cake, so I think it'll be rockin'.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ben's 2nd birthday was cars too! Great minds...

8:58 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

How could it not be rockin' with a Cars cake? The picture is amazing! But I think it may have something to do with mom's art history background that she has so much to say about it :)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Katie, are you suggesting that other people wouldn't get that Titian reference? I don't know what you mean! Heh heh.

9:42 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Wow, an artist who combines the styles of Titian and Kandinsky? Is that even possible? :)

Love the watercolor, you should definitely frame that one!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Sure, he's not as representational as either Titian or Kandinsky, but, if he was, all we'd see is Elmo driving trucks. So it's probably better this way.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Hannah Barnaby said...

Love the painting! Just have him do about ten more of those, throw them in some frames, and your Christmas shopping is done. (I don't think that counts as a violation of child labor laws.)

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home