Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Absolutely ri-DONK-ulous, capeche?

Yesterday afternoon, Lil J brought me a VCR tape he wanted to watch, and, lo and behold, it was Fantasia. Not the biopic of the weirdo American Idol winner, but the actual Disney movie from 1940. So I put it in the VCR, and we had a very nice time identifying colors and talking about dancing mushrooms and plants for a while there. Until he got bored. Which, really, doesn't take long when you're almost 2 and watching Fantasia. If I remember right, they rereleased that movie in the theatres when I was a kid, so my Mom and Dad took us all. My parents loved it because they were the kind of people who listened to classical music on the weekends and drove us crazy when we were teenagers, but I remember sitting in that theatre and feeling very confused and BORED OUT OF MY MIND. Even yesterday after Lil J took off to go play with blocks and I stayed in the living room to feed Tiny H, I fast forwarded through the part with the centaurs frolicking to Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony. That movie's a masterpiece, but, dang, it could use a couple car chases in there somewhere.

4 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I have never made it through that entire movie, it is a little out there! :)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It really is. There is no WAY that movie would have ever gotten made today...what with our short attention spans.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Ashley said...

so funny! We just put that VCR tape on in our bedroom (only place we still have a vcr!) for EC a couple of weeks ago- same reaction! We had to fast forward through to the elephants dancing with the aligators. That's the only part she will watch. No Mickey or anything, just dancing elephants.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I like that part, too. Lil J is a big fan of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so he was glued to the Sorcerer's Apprentice.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home