Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The drink...I give it up!

I went to the OB's on Monday and the doctor told me I am now 3 cm dilated and "so soft that this should be a really quick delivery." News that I first greeted with hearty smiles and feelings of relief...until the doctor joked "which is only good if you live right by the hospital." Dang it! I do not want to have a taxicab baby! But she also said I could go any time this week, so I'm trying to mentally psych myself up. I tell you what, the thing that I really can't get over is the fact that when I was 3 cm dilated with Lil J, I was lying in the hospital bed, hooked up to monitors, getting the IV, etc.... Now, I'm just walking around, knocking back root beers and watching Shrek while I dilate. It's a very strange feeling. J has this theory that my body is going to keep dilating without any symptoms until I'm at 10, and then POW! the baby will just explode out of my body with one big contraction. Which is probably how he'd want to do it if he was having a baby, but I'm not sure that would be such a good thing. For instance, I wear jeans a lot. You see what I'm saying. Anyway, I will keep you posted if a child comes careening out of my areas while I'm sitting here Photoshopping nude figure painting. That would be quite a story to tell her friends.

6 Comments:

Anonymous alisa said...

Taxicab baby! Taxicab baby!

Look at you with the red POW! J's theory reminds me of a funny episode of Murphy Brown when Miles thought the baby was going to come shooting out while Murphy walked the halls of the hospital and so he dove under her to catch it. Wow, that was a long sentence.

And can I just note what an interesting job you have where it requires you to Photoshop nude figure painting. That is for work, right Ann?

9:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Of course it's for work! Listen, I've been doing this job for six and a half years, and I stopped being interested in looking at paintings of naked people YEARS ago. In fact, there are days when I wish I could see a landscape or a still life of flowers just to avoid looking at another bare butt. Ugh.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

Make sure your bag is packed and don't wait until the contractions are too close! or POW!

Although, I believe I was completely effaced and that kid would not budge! Little did we know he had wedged his shoulder in an effort to stay in there as long as possible.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I can kind of understand why Logan wedged himself in there like that. Life outside the womb ain't always fun. What with the noise and hunger and bright lights and punks....

11:05 AM  
Anonymous alisa said...

Ann, don't forget the hippies! They make the outside world miserable.

Oh and not to harp on this too much but I think Taxicab Baby would be a good name for a band.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Damn punks and hippies.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home