Friday, July 24, 2009

Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

Do you realize that the plot of A Bug's Life is essentially that of The Three Amigos? El Guapo = Hopper. Think about it. And now I can't get "Farley, farley, farley, hfffhrrr!" out of my head.

I came back from lunch yesterday and saw one of our student workers eating a bagel sans cream cheese out at the front desk. So, for some reason, I said to him "Tyler! Put some cream cheese on that bagel!" and he looked at me all surprised and said "It's got raisins in it" and I replied "Ahh, so the raisins are accoutrements enough for you." You know, even I can see why so many people think I'm weird when I go around saying things like that...especially when I don't know what they mean.

I had some trouble sleeping last night because the baby was taking turns pressing on my bladder and then jabbing me in the ribs. I swear, at one point, she was pushing so hard on my right set of ribs that I heard a soft pop and wondered if she dislocated something. I just wish I could get her the message that the only way out of there is down and out, not up and over.

3 Comments:

Anonymous katie said...

I was JUST thinking about The 3 Amigos the other day and El Guapo's constant use of plethora!

Baby Shifflet, stop with the rib/bladder kicking!

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Ashley said...

You just need to have a stern talking to baby girl and tell her what's what! She needs to learn early on, that Mommy will give you good things...

9:28 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

This is the first she's really been jabbing at the ol' ribs. Makes me wonder if she's going to be tall.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home