Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Well, slotted pig, they're standard issue

Oh man, Grandma S. scored some serious Lil J points this morning when she arrived to babysit. Not only did she have two shopping bags full of Disney videos, but she also had 3 Buzz Lightyear dolls, a Buzz Lightyear flashlight, Buzz Lightyear pajamas AND a pair of Buzz Lightyear light-up shoes with her. Lil J didn't even come to the door to say goodbye to me and Da Da because he was so busy playing with all that stuff. I stuck my head back in and yelled "Bye!" and all I heard in reply was "Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!" Ok, then.

Sciatica update: things still suck. Now that the baby is sitting directly on my bladder, my entire lower torso feels like a festival of pain. And when I visited the OB on Monday, she even said there's basically nothing we can do. I even begged her to induce me, and she just laughed...like I was joking or something. Anyway, the good news is that I'm getting better about asking for help and just refusing to move unless I absolutely have to. "Oh, Lil J, you want some cheese out of the fridge? Get it yourself! And bring Mommy a sandwich!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah Barnaby said...

Well, if your OB won't induce you, I'm sure the internet is chock full of good ideas to try at home...

Sorry about the sciatica! Yet another example of how nature makes pregnancy so irritating that we're actually glad to see the newborns arrive, despite knowing what we're in for in those first few months. Nature, she is a crafty wench.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Sorry about the sciatica. I can't believe your OB is being so difficult! I mean, geez, what's a couple of weeks, more or less. ;-)

The H-bomb is currently obsessed with TS2 - for his birthday next week he's getting Buzz, Woody, Jessie and Bullseye. And I'm really looking forward to hearing "to infinity and beyond" 50,000 times an hour. Really.

Also, for some inexplicable reason, that slotted pig line cracks me up every time I hear it. And I have heard it many many times. It's possible it's somehow related to the fact that I'm slowly going insane.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home