Thursday, July 23, 2009

Isn't this place a geographical oddity? 2 weeks from everywhere!

My boss brought in bagels this morning, so I just inhaled an entire everything bagel with cream cheese. I feel like a complete glutton, but it was so delicious. Mmm...carbs.

A couple things in the news lately have gotten my attention. First off, if the police showed up at my house and said they thought I was breaking into it and didn't believe it was my home even after I showed them my ID, I, too, would be upset. So if the police then arrested me for disorderly conduct after I showed my disapproval, I'd probably want to punch somebody. Secondly, it's getting harder and harder to defend the medical profession when you find out Michael Jackson had over 19 doctors prescribing different medications to him including a hospital-grade anesthetic that had to be administered by IV. I still believe the vast majority of doctors are more responsible and caring than that, but what the heck is that about? Are there really that many doctors out there whose prescription pads are basically for sale? That depresses me.

What doesn't depress me? First, the fact that my friend at work made us an entire pan of homemade cinnamon rolls to take home. Second, recalling how when we got home from work yesterday, Lil J and Grandma S. were sitting on the porch waiting for us, so I stuck my head out the car window and yelled "Hi!" and Lil J yelled back "I got da Buzz!" The lesson in all this: friends and family are good; doctors and police are bad. Heh. I kid.

4 Comments:

Anonymous katie said...

And I have to fight with my doctor to prescribe an antibiotic once in a blue moon...

Aw, Lil J is talking so much!!!

11:02 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

My verification word was Mopharke. I think I'm going to try to make that a real word!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Hannah Barnaby said...

I think "I got da Buzz!" should be a catch phrase. If we all spread it around our various locations, it'll take off in no time!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We should all start going around saying "Mopharke! I got da Buzz!"

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home