Thursday, July 30, 2009

The secret ingredient is salt

Here is what I will be doing today: scanning slides of the American West from the 1950's. Here is what I would like to be doing today: sneakily going out to the van, driving to a theatre to watch the new Harry Potter movie, getting a haircut and then spending the rest of the afternoon reading a book outside under a shade tree whilst snacking on lemon cookies. Alas. Yeah, the day actually started out fine today, but then a couple things happened that put me in a funk, so now I'm trying to devise a way to get my groove back. Well, who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and the power will go out in the building and I'll get to leave early today. One advantage of working at an urban campus is that every summer somebody's doing some construction on something, and they invariably knock out an electric cable, so our power goes off. It hasn't happened yet this year, so we're due for one. Hey, negligent construction worker who's distracted and half high on meth, I'm counting on you! Do it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah Barnaby said...

There must be a way you and J. can conspire to put your computer on the fritz for a while so you can take a break. Can you at least take an extra-long lunch? What good is sciatica if you can't use it as an excuse for being late?

9:54 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I like the broken computer idea! And a long lunch would be nice, but I'd really love a few HOURS off.

Man, I just realized this sounds sort of ridiculous considering I'll be on maternity leave in a few weeks. I must sound like a jerk.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous alisa said...

You don't sound like a jerk at all. I think an extra long lunch (with a little Harry Potter thrown in) is a fantastic idea. DO IT!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home