Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ever since I was a lowercase "g"

My Mom, older sister and nephews #2 and #5 (who are now ages 5 and 3) came over on Monday to help me out. That was awesome. That day just flew by because the boys were running around and playing, and my Mom took Lil J every time he needed to go upstairs or downstairs, so it was really nice. Of course, at one point my sister laughed at me when she saw me limping around the kitchen, but that's only fair considering I still taunt her about the time in high school when she got up to turn off the alarm clock and both her legs were asleep, so she fell straight to the floor. I tell you, what comes around goes around, people. It ain't no lie. Anyway, for the most part, I've been able to stay off my feet, so the sciatica seems to be easing up. Sweet merciful crap. But (and let me just warn you that this topic may be too gross for some readers) I'm actually really looking forward to my next OB appointment on Tuesday. I'm at 36 weeks today (which is a big relief), but I'm actually really curious to find out if I'm dilated or effaced yet. I love to know that stuff. Even though it doesn't seem to be any real indicator of what's going to happen when, I still feel better knowing if she's head-down in there, playing Yahtzee, whatever.

Check this out: a student worker just came in here and told me she has mushrooms growing on her apartment walls. I'm no scientist, but that cannot be good.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Ashley said...

Concerning mushroom comment... ewwww!

I'm glad the family came over for a visit and to help you! I'm interested if you are dilated too! Let me know!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know, I've heard of people having mold on their walls but never actual mushrooms. I told her to call the health department.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous katie said...

I too am interested in the dilation info... I used to share my info with everyone and I'm not sure they wanted to know, but I didn't really care b/c I was excited about it!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I remember having to explain effacement to a group of student workers when I was pregnant with Lil J, and the general reaction seemed to be "ewww."

2:26 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Um, I am with you on the mushrooms growing on the walls NOT being a good thing!

What song is your post title from???

4:47 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

"This Is How We Do It" by the one and only Montel Jordan

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home