Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Tractors is so stupid

Has anyone else noticed that the plot of Cars is basically the same as Doc Hollywood? Although I think Cars is actually a far superior movie. But I'm probably a little biased because Cars features Tony Shalhoub doing his Antonio Scarpacci voice, and I always thought Antonio Scarpacci was one of the best part of Wings. "You do not know what you want. Luigi knows what you want."

So I had an OB appointment yesterday, and the nurse practitioner (my OB was out delivering a baby) said I'm between 1 and 2 cm dilated and I'm starting to efface. She said that's pretty typical for a second baby, and she didn't seem to think anything would happen this week. Which is fine with me. I'm too tired to even think about giving birth right now. I've got another appointment next week, which I think will be much more telling about what's going to happen. Definitely feels like we're getting close now, so I'm excited. Last time I gave birth, I got a baby AND a cookie bouquet, so there's much to look forward to!

5 Comments:

Anonymous alisa said...

Geeze, I never thought about that link between Cars and Doc Hollywood. Huh. And yes, Antonio Scarpacci was so great on Wings.

That's so exciting that you're dilated and starting to efface! A cookie bouquet is a great reason for having a baby!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It's the only reason, really. Heh.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

Ha! I was just excited when they told me I could order anything off the hospital menu... remember, I had the GD :(

12:32 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oooh yeah, not having to cook for a couple days was nice, too!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Hah. My family was just at the beach for a week with my sister's family, so naturally we made them watch Cars. At the end my sister said "hey, that was just like Doc Hollywood!" So there you go.

Also, I apparently got shortchanged. I got no cookie bouquet. Just the baby.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home