Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What I Did on My Summer Vacation

I'm back! Honestly, I would have tried to post more on the blog over the past 12 weeks, but the whole thing was a blur of diapers, spit-up and waking up three times a night. Plus, there really wasn't much interesting to say. I had a wonderful time being home with the kids all day, but it's not like the three of us had long discussions about philosophy. My posts would have been more along the lines of "threw blocks around today...ate peanut butter for lunch again. Phineas and Ferb was funny. Good times." I seriously didn't get to watch much non-kid tv either. I've been recording Mad Men, The Office and 30 Rock, but it's always a crap shoot as to when I get to watch them. Although, can I just say that the last Office when Michael came into Jim's office to get him to persuade Pam not to hit him was comic genius? I could watch that 80 times and still laugh. Ahhh.
Anyway, maternity leave really was good. It was a little overwhelming at first, but once I set up a list of priorities, things were fine. And the list went as follows:

1. keep kids fed
2. keep kids in clean diapers
3. clothe kids
4. keep J fed
5. attempt 1 chore a day like laundry or dishes
6. go to the bathroom
7. become engrossed in Dr. Phil or Oprah and then not be able to watch any of it for longer than 5 minutes because a certain toddler wants to watch A Bug's Life for the 212th time.

And I'm not even joking (well, except feeding myself was actually #7). I used that mental list several times when Lil J was crying, Tiny H was hungry and my bladder was full. It was good guidance when a lot was going on at once. But I am back at work today. It feels odd. It's funny how it feels routine but not routine. Curious. However, I do know one thing: I am excited about not having to eat peanut butter for lunch. Huzzah!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back. We missed you terribly!

10:10 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Yay!! You're back!! I was excited to see "Wubbis!" at the top of my blog list! :)

I will get those clothes in the mail to you very soon.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

Hooray! And I am printing this list to use when we decide to have another - but I think I'm going to move "go to the bathroom" above the additional chores.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous ashley said...

Welcome girl!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous alisa said...

Yay!!! Lil J and Tiny H!!! Awesome.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home