Friday, August 14, 2009

I don't know...fly casual

I was just reading an article titled "Scientists find rare gene behind short sleepers" and thought that was fitting since I slept for 3 and a half hours last night, woke up for 3 more hours then slept for an hour and a half until the alarm went off. But, unfortunately, I don't think this rare gene mutation applies to me because the subjects of that study have no ill effects from their short amount of sleep. Whereas I am currently unaware of how I got here this morning and am trying to prop up my head with the help of a large format flatbed scanner. But I think that's an interesting idea that your genes might control what kind of sleep you get. I've never really understood why I have so much trouble sleeping, and I like the idea that I can just blame it on my genes instead of thinking I'm doing something wrong. I remember back when I worked out 5 days a week, a lot of people said to me "Well, that's great because you'll probably sleep better now," and it never happened. But I look back at pictures from that era, and I really was rocking quite the meth addict look. Skinny, exhausted, still refusing to brush my hair...aww yeah. I was so sexy it hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home