Thursday, December 10, 2009

Team Slacking Off

Anybody else in the mood to cut out of here, grab a hot chocolate and go watch a cheesy movie in the theatre? Not that I would actually do that because I have ethics concerning work (plus, we're having cake in here this afternoon), but it's just been one of those days. The kids are great, but everything else seems like one piece of bad news after another. Ugh. So ugh. For some reason, on days like this, I am reminded of the scene from Boomerang where Chris Rock says "First the Fat Boys break up and now this." Yes, first the Fat Boys and now this, indeed. And I haven't even heard back from the GI doctor about my biopsies yet. Although I'm feeling pretty confident they won't find anything there. My GI tract is pretty tricky and mysterious. We've had an adversarial relationship for years, and it enjoys messing with me. Anyway, yes, who's up for an afternoon showing of New Moon and a large bucket of popcorn?

5 Comments:

Anonymous katie said...

aw... big hugs! And just concentrate on that cake to get you through the day :)

11:37 AM  
Anonymous alisa said...

I'm totally up for New Moon and popcorn! I'd even get you back in time for the afternoon cake. I hope things start looking up and that your doctor calls with good news.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I will say this: the cake was delicious! And a student worker made Nestle Tollhouse cookies, too. Nice.

12:54 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

THE FAT BOYS BROKE UP?????

4:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anytime you need a break, I'll meet you at Easton and watch New Moon again!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home