Monday, September 19, 2005

I Could Go for a Nerds Rope Right Now

This weekend was just jam-packed with activity. So much so that I didn't even have the energy to watch the Emmy's. I usually try to at least catch some red carpet coverage and the big awards, but I couldn't reach the remote from my position on the couch, so I just stayed with Fox's Sunday lineup. Really though, awards shows are getting increasingly difficult for me to watch because they seem so self-important. Any discussion that involves "Nicolette Sheridan" and "Emmy" in the same sentence just seems wrong. On the other hand, I will always enjoy checking out what people wore. When I got into work this morning I checked a couple websites to see who looked the worst. Jennifer Garner, I'm looking in your direction. I used to love that girl, but ever since she got knocked up by Ben Affleck, I feel bewildered and betrayed. I know I should be happy for her and her "pregnancy glow," but I just keep thinking "Why does everyone involved with Ben Affleck (including Ben himself) get such a fat head?" It's perplexing.

And William Shatner, I like you and your spoken word vocalizations, but you stole that Emmy from Terry O'Quinn! Stole it like a Dickensian ragamuffin!

We had a wonderful birthday celebration yesterday with my Mom, two sisters and their families. My two little nephews who are 20- and 21-months-old are just so freaking cute! And apparently both have very high tolerances for swings. Me, I was nauseous after three minutes, but they could go for hours. Curiously strong the inner ears of children.

And we went to Columbus Motor Speedway on Saturday night and watched some car racing. It was fun, and I'm glad I broke out of my surburban-shopping-mall-and-Applebee's-for-dinner existence. However, I'm also glad it was only for one night. I simply would not enjoy a life spent amongst exhaust fumes, dirty flip-flops and little boys with shaved heads AND bangs. What is that??

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am a huge fan of "Alias", so therefore am a fan of Jennifer Garner...I do wonder, though, what she is thinking in terms of Ben Affleck. Give me a break. He always has a look on his face like he just smelled something crappy...just WAIT until you change a nasty diaper, Ben, just wait.
Ann, you're hilarious, I miss you!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Hee! Maybe he smells himself!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm going to have to try the Nerds in vanilla ice cream. That sounds delightful!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home