Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Great Bangs Debate

Here is an excerpt from an email conversation Arisa and I have been having:

Arisa: "Do you miss your bangs?"

Me: "Ok, here's when I don't miss bangs: when I'm working out, when I'm trying to put my hair into a ponytail real quick, when I slap on a hat in cold weather. Here is when I miss bangs: when my forehead breaks out, when I want to look young, when I notice how boring my hair is. It's tricky. "

Arisa: "That is tricky situation. Sometimes I’d love to have bangs but my hair isn’t naturally straight so they end up looking crappy two minutes after I have them just how I want them. They suit you but no bangs suits you too. We’re lucky in that we look OK either way. We have blessed foreheads."

Anyone care to weigh in on this issue? Feel free to share your own trials and tribulations.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

They're either totally jealous of our foreheads or they've come to peace with the front of their scalps.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok this is weird... I've been having this debate myself... keep the bangs or not?
At the moment, it's keep them: 1. I can't stand having hair in my eyes 2. I think I have a high forehead and therefor it could become a beacon for boats in the night
But like Ann, I'd like a change of style... so till they start bugging me again I'm thinking of getting rid of them.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ashrey, when I was growing out my bangs, I put them back in barrettes almost every day. It works really well, so you could try that. I've never seen you without bangs, so I think it would be cool to see. You'd look good either way!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home