Thursday, November 03, 2005

What the? Who is that?

Does anyone else ever have this happen to them: you walk into a bathroom not even that interested in your reflection, and then you happen to look up and see yourself in the mirror and your appearance makes you go "ACK!!"? That happens to me all the time. And it's never that I think I look grotesque or anything, but it seems like I look slightly worse than I think I do, and it comes as a big surprise. It's always something small...like my eyes look puffy, my cheeks look fuller or my hair is slightly lankier than normal. But it makes me wonder if I just generally look worse than I think I do, or do I really just have off days where my face melted a little while sleeping? Something like that? It reminds me of the first time I heard my voice on my friend Jennifer's cassette recorder, and I thought to myself "I sound like a mouse" (I wasn't quite as adjective-friendly back when I was 9).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, in fact, I have those moments quite a lot. My hair will look real cute when I leave the house, and then I catch myself in the mirror at work and wonder how my hair crashed on me. Or that outfit that I thought looked really great this morning, now I think it accents me in all the wrong places! I wish I was as stunning as Alisa so I didn't have these problems... oh to dream...

7:38 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yes, life would be much easier if I were as stunning as Alisa. But I figure this way at least it gives me something to strive for :)

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home