Monday, October 24, 2005

A message for all the hippie obstetricians out there

We got some very exciting news here at work this morning. My coworker had her baby yesterday! Yay! Apparently, the tyke was 23 inches long at birth. That's almost 2 feet. That's almost a roll of Bubble Tape. Daaaang. But I'm so happy to hear it went well and that the mom is feeling good. She's been a wealth of information for me over the past few months. I have 4 nephews, but since my sisters live in different towns, I've never really been around a pregnant woman this much. I'd heard that it's a lot of changes to a woman's body...AND HOW. I'm with my coworker on this one: it's an amazing thing, but if any doctor out there thinks I'm going to grab my own baby out of my uterus and heave it onto my chest once it's halfway out, they've got another thing coming. I mean really.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

She told me some doctors tell the women to do that once the baby's almost out. Can you imagine?!? They're the ones who went to medical school, not us. Next thing, we're going to be giving ourselves anesthesia...hey, that might be a good idea...

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home