Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ignorance is bliss

Interesting. I've been working all day on cleaning up this big batch of digital images that were scanned from slides that were, at best, 30 years old. So not only do they need to be cropped and rotated, but the color is waaaaay off. I've been color-correcting for so long today that I'm actually starting to see a pinkish hue on everything. I am essentially looking at the world through rose-colored glasses. Huh. Humanity DOES seem better.

I know I should probably go home tonight and do something worthwhile like doing dishes or insulating the attic, but I have a really strong urge to go to Target and buy the bejeezus out of some Halloween candy. My ESSP (extra-sensory shopping perception) is telling me it's on sale. I sense a bag of fun size Snickers for $1.50...

Anybody else hear that news item about the woman in San Francisco who threw her children off a pier and is charged with murder? Just awful. I saw on the news that she was 23, and she had 3 children, the eldest of whom was age 6. That means she was pregnant at 17. I don't want to sound indelicate here, but wow. WOW. You know what I was doing at 17? Going to high school, working at a frozen yogurt store, and dreaming about marrying Sting. Good grief.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I love Target! And I love that I inspired you to go there! I use my power for good, not evil.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home