Saturday, October 15, 2005

Ay oh, oh ay

This morning, I was on a mission today to find some costumes for the Halloween party we're going to in a couple weeks. Arisa came up with the genius idea for it to be an 80's costume party, and when we (the triple threat of A's, that is) sent out the invitation we were very clear in telling people that you had to come as someone specific, so the bar is set very high. So J and I are going to go as Angela and Tony from Who's the Boss. Awesome. Unfortunately, I don't have much in my wardrobe that says "Hello. I'm an advertising executive from Connecticut circa 1988." So I went to a couple thrift stores today to see what I could find. Goodwill was a total bust (all their clothes were from the 90's. Jerks), but the thrift store a couple doors down was a GOLD MINE. I don't think they've gotten anything made after 1991 in there. And that's me being generous. I haven't seen so many paisleys in quite some time. But it was really exciting to have my pick of big-shouldered blazers to choose from. Ahhh, I just cannot wait for this party.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I did! It's not exactly what I was picturing, but I think it will do quite well. Hee! I'm so psyched.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so can't wait to see this costume of ya'll! How are you going to wear the hair? And do you have those big glasses that she used to wear?

4:01 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I still need to find the glasses, so I'm probably going to go back to the thrift store this weekend. Unfortunately, my hair isn't near damaged enough to get that kind of height. That's a pickle.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home