Monday, October 17, 2005

Home is where the Walmart is

Yesterday, J and I went to look at houses in this town nearby called Canal Winchester. Aside from the "anal" jokes that would inevitably come with living there, it looked like a delightful place to live. It just saddens me that all the lovely towns around here are so full of expensive houses. I know, I know, you just have to bite the bullet and go for it...and we definitely need to as the number of hookers per capita in our neighborhood rises. It's just going to be hard to swallow writing out a mortgage payment that high every month. Unfortunately, none of my friends are going to want to hear it, because they live in D.C., Charleston and Boston, and they would be spending twice as much for the same house, maybe more. I need to find a penpal in Yokeltown to complain to.

In other news, I believe that even though I've been here almost 7 hours today, I've managed to only be in my office for about 3 of them due to various meetings and such. Nice. It's surprisingly pleasant to get out of this concrete-block dungeon every now and then. Ahhh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hear ya on the price thing hon- no matter where you live it can still get ya!
Good Luck with the hunt!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks, chica! I'll keep you posted!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home