Thursday, October 27, 2005

Seeking pillows and dollar bills

I had a feeling of foreboding this morning when I woke up at 4:52 a.m. that I would, in fact, get to be very tired and lethargic today. Lo and behold, it has come true. Shocker! I know nobody wants to hear someone complaining about being tired because we're all tired, there are worse things in life, blah blah blah. It just stings a little bit extra today because I have not a dollar on me with which to go buy a diet pop or a coffee from across the street. Sigh.

Anybody else notice how complicated my sentence structure becomes when I'm sleepy? If I'm ever in a coma, I'll probably wake up sounding like freaking James Joyce or something. Except that I'll focus a lot more on candy than narrative voices.

Oooh, you know, I do have some tea in my desk that I could drink. That might help. Unfortunately, it's just a melange of tea bags without tags, so I have no idea if I'll be drinking oolong or plain old tree bark. This is an adventure! It's tea roulette! Whee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home