Friday, February 17, 2006

coffee cake

I just started regularly drinking coffee in the last couple years. Cause, you know, I turned 30, and apparently when you turn 30, your body just careens head-first into physical and mental decline. Yes, I remember what it was like in my 20's...I could eat whatever I wanted, I never had chapped lips and bunions were only something I'd heard about. Those were the days. Anyway, I read this story in the news that lots of these Starbucks and specialty coffee drinks have as many calories and fat as a Big Mac. This is disturbing. I mean, I figured a tall cup of coffee jammed with milk, sugar, caramel and chocolate probably wasn't good for me, but I had no idea some of these things have 500 calories and 30 grams of fat. That is ridiculous. From now on, I'm just going to make a regular cup of Folgers and stir it up with a Snickers bar. At least it would be cheaper.

It's Friday! Is anybody doing something spectacular this weekend?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My birthday is on sunday :) But today is my birthday at work, and my friend made me these wonderful chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese and chocolate chip filling. I so wish I could send one to you as I know you would enjoy and appreciate its yummy goodness!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Katie, your birthday is Sunday? I hope you have a wonderful day!!! What are you guys going to do to celebrate? And those cupcakes? They sound AWESOME.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are going out to dinner on saturday and then having dinner with the 'rents on sunday... other than that, nothing too exciting. My brother did send me a target gift card, so I see some shopping in my future... :)

Arisa- you're birthday is next week, right? I'm horrible b/c I always forget the date...

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home