Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes, sir, the check is in the mail

I've been up since 4:00 this morning. It's interesting because instead of feeling tired like I normally do when I wake up that early, I feel really hostile today. We were driving into work, and I just felt like punching a hobo. Or whacking a racoon with a broom. The only thing keeping me from kicking over my trashcan is the fact that I know and like our custodian, and I don't want to do that for him. So I'm mean but still capable of guilt...I am not yet a sociopath. Whoo!

Can I just clear something up though, people? Ok, listen to me. "Supposively" is not a word. Neither is "supposibly." I don't even know where that one came from. It's "supposedly." Now, I hear people misspeak that word all the time, and it doesn't really bother me when it's just in conversation between friends, but when you hear a news reporter on tv say that "The witness was supposively kidnapped by the suspects," I must draw the line. Don't make me whack you with a broom, stupid reporter woman! Cause I'll do it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Let us all whack some racoons!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One that gets me is 'ignorant'. Like when people say 'That's really ignorant' and you can tell they have no idea how to use the word correctly.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

This is very weird on my part, but I also get annoyed when people say someone "died laughing" or "laughed hysterically" when they just chuckled, really.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oh, well, I am often so hungry that it feels like I'm starving to death, so that's ok :) One of my other big language pet peeves is hearing a guy call an ex a "psycho." I'm guessing what happened was that she just called him out for kissing her friend, and it freaked him out so much that he decided she was insane. Moron.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home