Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Will tube tops never die?

I could really go for a ginger ale right now. And it's not like I even have a stomach ache. I just want some Vernor's. Ginger ale always makes me think of visiting my Dad's side of the family in Cleveland when I was a kid. They always had ginger ale on hand to mix with whiskey (is that a highball?). My grandmother was a Polish immigrant who lived to be 95 on a diet of whiskey, pierogi and kielbasa. That woman was tough as nails.

I didn't see much on tv last night because I fell asleep so early, but I did see a few figure skaters and a few chicks on American Idol. I don't want to make this a racial thing, but there is no way a white girl is going to win this year. They pretty much suck.

I was also just perusing an advice column on Yahoo (I love those!) where a woman wrote in to say she was feeling a little disturbed because her boyfriend (who's a divorced dad of a 9-year-old) still sleeps with his daughter and then this woman and the boyfriend play "daddy/daughter," ahem, "fantasy games." And she was starting to question that. Uhhh, ya think?!? What a perv. Honestly, I'm amazed these people manage to feed themselves. Where's evolution when you need it?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

peirogi and keilbasa... mmm... i'm hungry now... may have to break the diet and make that for dinner one night...

vernors... I haven't had a vernors since I lived in Michigan. Crazy!

I agree with you about Idol.

I'm not even going to comment on the last part. HA!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I used to think we were the only family in the world who ate kielbasa, so it's nice to know there are others who know the magic of the kielbasa. Such good stuff. I was about to call it "Polish sausage" in that last sentence, but that sounded dirty. Gross.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Pierogi are the best. I like the potato and cheese ones the best.

Yes, the advice column people were sick, demented and repulsive.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Potato and cheese is my favorite too... for the longest time I didn't know that they came any other way!

I had the BEST kielbasa around Christmas... authentic, not that hilshire farms crap I usually have to settle for!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home